Gainesville, located in northern Florida, offers a wide range of family-friendly attractions. The Florida Museum of Natural History showcases fascinating exhibits on the state’s fossil history, while the Butterfly Rainforest exhibit allows visitors to interact with over 50 butterfly and moth species in a lush rainforest setting. The Harn Museum of Art and Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention are also highly recommended for those seeking to stimulate their curiosity. During the summer, visitors can enjoy tubing in the warm, clear waters of Ichetucknee Springs State Park, located northwest of Gainesville and just a 48-minute drive away. It is advisable to arrive early as admissions close once the park reaches its capacity. Alternatively, Depot Park offers a splash pad and play area for families to enjoy. With so much to explore, it is recommended to stay at one of the best hotels in Gainesville, Florida, that offer complimentary breakfast to fuel your days of adventure.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville
This establishment offers newly renovated suites and provides daily complimentary hot buffet breakfasts from 6:30am to 9:30am on weekdays and 7am to 10am on weekends. Guests can also enjoy free coffee and tea throughout the day. Additionally, there is an outdoor pool for refreshing swims and a fitness center for rejuvenating workouts to stay in shape.
- Name: SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville
- Rating: 8.6/5
- Address: 4155 Sw 40th Blvd
- Host | kind and friendly staff
- Location | although location was under re-model still had a nice sitting area / lobby
Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown
This historic downtown hotel, located around 4.1 miles (6.6 km) from the Florida Museum of Natural History, offers suite-styled rooms that are beautifully appointed. Start your day by visiting the Breakfast Bar, where you can choose from a variety of hot and healthy items to fuel yourself. After a day of exploring, guests can unwind in the outdoor heated pool. Additionally, the poolside fire pit provides a wonderful atmosphere to enjoy a drink and appreciate the refreshing night air.
- Name: Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown
- Rating: 8.8/5
- Address: Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown
- Cleanliness | beautiful clean property very comfortable beds superb location
- Host | everyone helpful and friendly
- Location | very friendly staff central location will stay again
Comfort Suites Gainesville near University
Worry no more on how to get to this comfortable all-suite hotel! The on-demand shuttle service conveniently travels to and from Gainesville Regional Airport, the hotel, and the nearby University of Florida campus. Guests can enjoy peaceful nights’ rest in the calming interiors of the guest rooms, and wake up to free hot daily breakfasts that include the hotel’s signature waffles. To top it off, the outdoor heated pool provides an amazing escape after a full day of activities.
- Name: Comfort Suites Gainesville near University
- Rating: 9.0/5
- Address: 2603 SW 13TH STREET
- Amenities & Room | comfortable room liked having a couch with divider
- Cleanliness | lovely rooms everything was clean and well appointed common areas are clean inviting and well maintained
- Host | the staff was very nice
- Location | great location for our needs
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Start your day off right with a complimentary hot breakfast served daily from 6:30am to 10am. Following your adventures in Gainesville, you can rejuvenate your body in the hotel’s outdoor pool. Afterward, relax on a deck chair to bask in the Florida sun and stay connected with friends and family using the complimentary WiFi. Additionally, guests can enjoy complimentary snacks in the lobby.
- Name: Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
- Rating: 8.4/5
- Address: 4110 SW 40th Boulevard
- Cleanliness | the rooms was very clean and nice
- Host | friendly staff and nice room
Quality Inn University
If you’re looking for budget-friendly lodging near the University of Florida, this hotel is the perfect choice at just 1.1 mi (1.7 km) away! You’ll have access to free WiFi so you can stay connected, and the daily hot breakfast and complimentary coffee will help give you the energy you need. When the summer heat becomes too much, take a refreshing dip in the seasonal outdoor pool to cool off and rejuvenate.
- Name: Quality Inn University
- Rating: 7.0/5
- Address: 2435 Sw 13th Street
- Amenities & Room | they had a nice breakfast as well
- Cleanliness | perfectly clean quiet and comfortable beds
Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown
While staying at this downtown Gainesville hotel, you can have an on-the-go or hot breakfast to start your day off right. Then take advantage of the free WiFi to check emails and socials with a cup of coffee or tea. You can also take a five-minute walk to the Matheson History Museum, just 0.3 mi (0.48 km) away, to explore historic postcards and pictures of Gainesville and Alachua County.
- Name: Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown
- Rating: 8.6/5
- Address: 101 SE 1st Ave
- Cleanliness | it was very spacious and clean
- Host | the hotel is in a great location and staff is very kind and helpful
- Location | only plus is it is a pet friendly hotel and the location is great
Home2 Suites by Hilton Gainesville Medical Center
If you’re travelling with small children, you’ll be glad to know that the rooms for families come with kitchenettes and appliances, such as induction burner cooktops, for warming up meals and dining in. Moreover, the free hot daily breakfasts will make sure you and your family can wake up refreshed and ready without worrying about preparing food.
- Name: Home2 Suites by Hilton Gainesville Medical Center
- Rating: 9.0/5
- Address: 2115 Southwest 13th Street
- Cleanliness | was a nice and clean place
- Host | everyone was friendly helpful and the hotel was very clean
Hampton Inn Gainesville
At this establishment, located approximately 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from downtown Gainesville, you can enjoy spacious and well-appointed rooms for relaxation. The hotel’s hot breakfast buffet will delight your taste buds and provide energy for your daily activities. Connecting rooms can be requested for larger groups. Additionally, the outdoor pool offers a refreshing escape from the afternoon heat and a space to unwind after a busy day.
- Name: Hampton Inn Gainesville
- Rating: 8.6/5
- Address: 4225 Sw 40th Blvd
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Gainesville I-75
The peaceful accommodations guarantee a pleasant stay, with the option to enjoy a full American breakfast in the mornings. For those in a rush, a grab-n-go breakfast ensures no time is wasted. Breakfast is available from 6:30am to 9:30am on weekdays and 7am to 10am on weekends. Complimentary WiFi, coffee, and tea are provided as additional benefits for guests working from their hotel rooms. When relaxation is needed, the fitness center and outdoor pool are available to help relieve any muscle tension.
- Name: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Gainesville I-75
- Rating: 9.4/5
- Address: 3877 SW 37th Boulevard
- Cleanliness | hotel is modern and clean and reasonably priced
- Host | the staff was very friendly
- Location | excellent property professional staf convenient location